Who can volunteer?
Sign up below to Volunteer
Anyone! Whatever your age, job status or abilities, volunteering is open to all. Tell us what you’d like to do and we’ll do our best to find you the right opportunity.
Fancy being one of our HAF Parent Link Helpers?
How much time would it take?
There are one-off roles for a few hours or other roles where you give time regularly e.g. once a week. Think about how much time you want to give to your volunteering. the HAF programme runs at Easter, in the Summer and at Christmas so we would be looking for volunteers to get more involved at these times.
What would I get out of it?
People volunteer for many different reasons and there are lots of benefits to volunteering, including:
- Enjoyment and personal satisfaction
- A chance to meet new people
- Getting involved your local community
- A chance to learn and use new skills
- Building your confidence and self-esteem
- Being valued and appreciated
- Having fun!
What would I need to do?
There are a number of different ways that you can volunteer and get involved, there is a role for everyone!
Be an Elephant – trumpeting good news and info via Facebook and Instagram
Be a Hyena – who laughs and chats all things HAF at the school gate – keeping parent up-to-date and collecting ideas
Be an Alpaca – Join the herd, come together to pack our activity bags and hampers
Be a Meerkat – Hunting out what great finds there are to keep children occupied that we can put in our activity packs and hampers
Be a Kangaroo – Hopping around the borough delivering happiness
What support you can expect from us…
- You will be regular kept up to date by the team with key information that you can then share with other parents within your school. We are always here for any questions you might have.
- You will be encouraged and supported with your ideas, so it may be through helping you design or print leaflets or posters, or helping organise coffee mornings,
- So that you understand your role as a HAF volunteer you will need to attend a half day Information session which will cover
- Expectations around the role
- conflict management
- Staying safe
- social media
- You will be asked to complete a volunteer / confidentiality agreement.
- The Team at CVS will be in regular contact with all volunteers, so you are well supported.
- We are asking schools to identify a named contact within the school who knows who you are and what you are doing in your role as a HAF helper
- You will be given a HAF Helpers Handbook and pin badges that help identify you in your role.
We are currently working with providers to deliver holiday clubs and activities over the summer so will be able to share volunteering opportunities soon.
In the meantime please register using the form below , if you would like to explore volunteering more generally you can look at our current volunteering opportunities, by clicking on the Vol Opps image below, and clicking on SEARCH OPPORTUNITIES. Or complete the contact form and we will be in touch to see how we can help.
Would you like to find out more? Please get in touch, just complete the form below:
Or it may be that you have a brilliant idea for HAF or want to start something new for young people in your area to get involved with. If you have a spark of an idea, then get in touch using the form below, and we will arrange a time to chat it through with you over a coffee (even a virtual one!) where we will try to help you make your idea a reality.